Thursday, November 11, 2010

It Is pricey!



Yesterday I was buying meat from the Halal Meat Shop that I go to. I kept on wondering what is the difference of prices between the regular meat available at grocery stores and the one I was buying from the designated to sell only Halal store. I took a photo of the table it was being cut at. It will look disgusting but atleast I am sure that my meat is cut infront of my eyes.


I just bought 2 pounds of ground goat meat. It cost me $3.97/lb. While I looked the price of meat online for the other kind that I dont eat, it was much higher! It was listed $5.35/lb on this website. Next I went inside their freezer to see how they keep the frozen meat. I was somewhat relieved to see that the meat that comes from Halal slaughterhouses arrives full in these stores. The slaughterhouse's job is to just slaughter them Halal, take off thier skin and ship them at Halal shops. It is then cut here infront of our eyes. They werent faking cutting it here.



All my ground beef was selected from the window in the top pic, it was then grounded in a machine right there. :D

4 comments:

  1. LMAO....very nice pics...atleast you really know what going on with your meats ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on are u saying that halal meat is cheaper than meat taht is in other stores , not halal??/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so you are atcually able to go into the freezer and see them cut it and pick and choice which one you want???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teja: yea, i found it wierd. I thought Halal meat was expensive than regular. I just called a meat distributor, and went on thier website, it seems its is cheaper than I thought.

    Michelle: Yup I could pick the one I want. But since i was just taking 2 pounds, I could pick the meat from the window in the first picture. I could take one of the whole goats from the freezer if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete